• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1981 C70 Kodiak Cat 3208 Questions

cfherrman

It's the same to-4 spec, I highly doubt it's cheaper

I just checked, the Irish 50 wt is $125. I checked around locally in January and the closest was $175, you will be shocked at the price.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I have found several times in life that name brand parts are less expensive.
In 1987 I had a catastrofic engine failure in an old International Harvestor farm tractor. At the time Central Tractor was the big other parts place. A used crankshaft was $1300. 1987 dollars, and almost fit. It would require machining to match the transmission shaft size.
A new shaft, head, combustion chambers, gaskets, cam bearings, cylinder sleeves, pistons, wrist pins, crank bearings & a long list of other incidental parts were $2500. from IH.

Truck Shop

Eaton calls for either conventional motor oil 50wt or you can buy 50wt synthetic.
But straight 50wt motor oil will work just fine.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Eaton calls for either conventional motor oil 50wt or you can buy 50wt synthetic.
But straight 50wt motor oil will work just fine.
I've researched at length on the internet. I'm not clear what oil I should put in my axle. The nameplate is battered to the point of not being legible. It is Eaton, on a 1989 GMC chassis I believe rated at 20,000 LBS about 5:1 ratio. What does it need? I doubt the oil has ever been changed. It has about 15,000 miles on it.