• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1975 case 450 engine problem

bob_00

hi guys,

sorry for my bad english here we mostly speek french so ....

here is the deal i found a case 450 1975 on kijji the onwer say it have engin problem he just want to get rid of it so i didint bother him too mutch

the machine is ruffly an 1 houre drive from home so i don t want to go back and forth to meny time

witch engin a 1975 case 450 should have ? ther is any known common failure/ problem on theas machine ? wath should i look for ? i got little experiance on dozer/track loader but not mutch in reparing them

thanks for your help

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Dug thru my old information;
From 1970 to 1977 Case used the G188D engine, from 1978 the engine changed to a G207D, the numbering is not so important as the parts available as Cummins now owns the case engine line, the 207 series is essentially the same base engine as the early Cummins/Case derivative engines and parts are quite prevalent, unsure how available the 188 series parts are anymore.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
The 188 series was not, it was the predecessor engine by Case prior to the Case 207 which eventually became the 4BT. Single head, single valve cover, looked more as a converted gasoline then a true built diesel but was a Case engineered engine line for diesel, had drawbacks so soon was re-engineered to the 207.

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
semi retired and angus cattle farmer
OH I,am not that familiar with case. my friend had a small case loader with a 4b engine. sure did a good job

Lawless

The 188 are good engines. I don't think I've ran across one that hasn't started right up, even in cold weather.

What's the problem with the one you speak of bob_OO?

Outasite

The 188, and the stroked out version,the 207 are great engines 5-7000 hrs easy.As said some of the best cold starters out there. .Some had rod bearing issues,but were really lake of maintenance issues.Injection pump seemed to be the weak link.