1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1973 CAT 955K track loader for sale

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale/Wanted' started by JD in Reseda, Feb 4, 2020.

1. JD in Reseda

JD in Reseda Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    955 Crawler loader can use a little attention and some ones love. it was a great running machine and with some mechanical work you can have a 955 loader. Engines runs fine, brakes and clutches have a few hundred hours in them, if that. Has multi shank ripper bar, a standard bucket that is in great shape all pins and bushings were replaced to keep tight. Its been sitting for 10 years, not a problem. I put batteries in it and it starts right up. SERIOUS BUYER ONLY. Leave a contact number for me to reach you at. This is located in So Calif. 91335 contact me at JMD1060@sbcglobal.net $7500.00

Attached Files:

2. Bluox

Bluox Senior Member

You might mention just as truth in lending your under carriage is about at 150% or WTFO.
    Bob

3. southernman13

southernman13 Senior Member

Retired
    No lie about that. How could a sprocket get that worn. Good luck w sale

4. JD in Reseda

JD in Reseda Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Sure the rails will need to be replaced, segments, bolts and nuts are new condition. Photos need updating when finished. Pads are good to reuse. Spend $4000 for rails and you will have a good running machine.

DMiller likes this.
  5. JD in Reseda

JD in Reseda Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Also for the ones who read past the TRACTOR COPS/wantabees feel free to ask any questions and I'll get back ASAP.

DMiller likes this.
  6. AllDodge

AllDodge Senior Member

At that price its worth a look, I paid more then that and also had to replace rails. Good luck with the sale

JD in Reseda and DMiller like this.
  7. JD in Reseda

JD in Reseda Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Thank you for the POSITIVE reply. Have a good day! :)

8. southernman13

Retired
    Sorry I was just making an observation and wondering how a sprocket could get that worn. Meaning wouldn’t think it would perform with what looks like no teeth. I’m all for using up the undercarriage. Our D41 was constantly jumping the teeth on the sprocket. We ran it till we thought it was going to damage something if we didn’t change them.

DMiller likes this.
  9. JD in Reseda

JD in Reseda Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    There is a forum section for wondering... I believe this forum section is for selling heavy equipment! Thanks for posting...

DMiller likes this.
  10. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

Depending on the shape of the rest of the machine, it could be a good candidate for new undercarriage even if cost 12 to 15K. A good 955K for under 25K with new undercarriage is not a bad deal. The sitting for 10 years could cause some issues but definitely worth checking out.

JD in Reseda likes this.
  11. JD in Reseda

JD in Reseda Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Tried to upload a video but says its to large. Anyways new batteries and segments. Photos will show it moves just fine. Need to know anything you can Email me ^^^ top post!

Attached Files:

12. Welder Dave

Generally you want to replace sprockets and rails at the same time but doing the segments does reduce the cost for the buyer if the new segments are included for the same price or not much more. If it runs good is still a good deal.

13. JD in Reseda

JD in Reseda Member

Heavy Equipment Operator
    Also I was thinking I can add a 4' single drum sheepsfoot with purchase of 955 for $10.000.00. I also have a 800 gallon fuel storage tank on dual axles I will add for free.
    PS I will have all the tin back on soon, as photos show none. Engine and undercarriage covers for 955k included.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020 at 3:09 PM
  14. Welder Dave

Too bad you weren't closer. I'd be interested in the sheepsfoot. Don't see many that narrow that could be pulled with a smaller tractor.

15. southernman13

Retired
    What a difference new segments make. Like putting chrome wheels and new tires on an old truck! We could use that machine but way to far from Ga! Probably be 4K or better to get it here! We changed the sprockets on our D41 prior to the rails as well. Had to use it. Good luck with the sale.

16. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Videos cannot be posted on HEF.
    But you can post a link to video hosting site such as YouTube.
    If it is done properly the video will appear as if it were on HEF.
    Like this one.