• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1973 case 580b ck

Garageguy

I just got the Backhoe not too long ago it didn’t move at all the fluid in the torque converter looked like strawberry milk I cleaned it all out by flushing it multiple times and putting new fluid in even change the filter now what it is doing is when I start it up when it’s cold it moves fine until about 5 to 10 minutes after it warms up the fluid gets so hot I cannot touch the dipstick and it starts to slip but if I push the clutch in and pull it back out it seems to engage and move for about 10 to 20 feet and then it slipped again and I have to do the same thing over again other than that it moves fine when it is cold and it is very strong. Does anybody have any information or any common problems I could check with this machine . I’m thinking either the filter might be clogged again and it’s not circulating through and keeping it cool or the spool valve on top of the torque converter underneath the fuel tank is worn out. I have checked the clutch is in there is no play side to side in the clutch pack also I have checked for leaks in the clutches with the forward reverse or in forward or reverse and all it does is ooz fluid in between the clutches which I was told it’s supposed to do to keep them lubed

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Are the lines at your filter connected to the bottom of the radiator, that's where your cooler is for the shuttle.