• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1970 Case 580 CK water pump

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
The water pump on the tractor is leaking and needs to be replaced or rebuilt. I took off the hood and the front grill to see what I am in for. The radiator will have to come out and there is hydraulic lines going into the bottom of the radiator. Or are they lines from the transmission???? I will need to drain the hydraulic oil. Where is the best place to drain the oil, Bottom of the reservoir???
The sheet metal panels between the radiator and engine has hydraulic lines going through them, I am guessing by removing the panels that would give access to the lower radiator hose?????
Does this radiator just sit in a saddle at the bottom, or are there bolts down there holding it in??????
In another thread someone mentioned an on-line service manual, how do you access one if there is such a thing?

Any tips or suggestions on my endeavor?

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
Tinkerer, you are most likely right, I just feel what they want for a paper manual is a lot of money. I do not like the CD version. I am wanting to get this pump on in the next couple of days. It looks like I will need to pull the radiator because there is not room on a Diesel to get the fan blades off with the radiator in place. It also looks like the lower hose is not accessible without taking off the counter weight. Looks like lots of fun. I will need to talk myself into buying one of those manuals, that might not be too hard. Thanks