• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1959 Cat D337F Genset

Old Doug

I am curious is this gen old to most or have you guys ever worked were something like this was common. This thing would have been very usable and considered newer were i have worked. I saw one like it a few years back that some one had rigged a Honda engine up as a ponymotor.

Welder Dave

960 hours it's barely broken in. Just played with full load and the guy obviously knows his stuff on generators.

Tugger2

Very impessive video.I wish he was closer,i have a D311 Cat 25KW 3phase. I actually bought it as a spare engine for D2 ,but it would be nice to know if single phase power could be pulled of it.

Tyler d4c

Very impessive video.I wish he was closer,i have a D311 Cat 25KW 3phase. I actually bought it as a spare engine for D2 ,but it would be nice to know if single phase power could be pulled of it.
I believe you could at least a old self with a 6 71 hooked to it you could if I'm remembering ruth you just used two legs but I maybe wrong.

Tyler d4c

In short a old delco set I've messed with powered by a 6 71 Jimmy to get single phase up just pulled power off two legs way I remember it being used when the boss got it. We run 3 phase stuff with it.