• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1951 Lincweld 180 with Wisconsin TF engine

mr fix it

Does anyone know the value of a 1951 Lincoln Lincwelder 180 with a Wisconsin TF engine that runs great and welds just fine all original except for the muffler as far as I can tell. I got unit from a friend and went through everything except the internal part of engine as it was so clean and had good compression. Still using the vintage spark plugs. Here's a few pic's. Tried to load a video of it running but it wouldn't load.

IMG_E0422.JPG IMG_E0423.JPGIMG_E0424.JPG

Last edited:

Delmer

Some people hate those Wisconsin's with a passion. I'd guess $500 plus or minus in this crazy money era, where you gonna find a portable welder cheaper?

mr fix it

Oh no way!!! I have more labor than that in it. Ive seen just an engine not running for that price, but I have only seen 1 other like it ever online

mr fix it

No kidding!!! I dont have use for excet the cool factor. I my ranger 8 to use. thanks for the feedback

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It's a nice looking little collector item and on wheels as well. Most people will look at the hand crank and walk away. Is it DC and how many amps can it make?

mr fix it

Its 180 amp on highest setting and rpm, never have check the amps with a meter. It starts first pull with a rope pulley i made to replace the crank.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
It helps that you can do light grinding with battery power today which would make up for the lack of tool power. Being 2 cyl will smooth it up a little I spose but as a welding concern bvery good and would have spot as a utility machine in the right place. Its value I am not sure of but it would cost a lot to get a new unit welds like that does. Thats where its value is, wouldnt eat much if it had to sit around and no battery to go dead.
Another thing is its probably very durable, even if a guy was to try to run the snot out of it some proof is sitting there in the fact it works compared to the Weldanpowers and the Roughnecks blown up that seem easy to find. They obviously made more later models but doubt they are much "better".