• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1840 case spool valve

jsmith6752james4now

I finally got all my lines unhooked . I am trying to remove the 2 1/2" bolts holding it on. they are spinning but not coming out. Is there nuts on the bottom? If so, how can you reach them? This is one heck of a job.. thanks

bad Tom

I don't know about the wire, but the valve is bolted down with 5/16 lock nut on the bottom. This is on a 1835, I don't see a listing for the bolts on a 1840 or later 1835's. You should be able to get to the bottom side from the rear.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Just a guess but maybe someone put a ground wire to the valve mounting because that machine is strictly a manual stroke spool, there are no electrical hydraulic controls except for the aux hydraulic valve which has 2 solenoids.

jsmith6752james4now

You were right it was a ground. I finally got the spool off of the 1840. I used a Ford distributor wrench to remove the front bolt. My float is not working so I remember something about balls getting gummed up. Am I removing the correct piece? It does not want to come off . It does have 2 small bolts on it as well.IMG_0564.jpg IMG_0564.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

bad Tom

I would guess from $100 to $200. The balls that are stuck are holding it on. Look for the two plugs and remove them and then try to pull it off.