• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1840 Case Skidsteer

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
I would greatly recommend you not to run that engine on starting fluid long enough to raise the loader, you are begging the engine to break its compression rings, starting fluid is very dangerous if there is no fuel delivery, I just completely did a 188 over that was destroyed by starting fluid, it wasn't pretty. I have found over the years that engines get starting fluid dependent and I do not think you want that, I would very much recommend that you use another machine to lift the loader to get the safety prop in place, If you lift it with another machine you will have to block it under the rear or it will just pick the whole machine up on the rear wheels, If it ran before i suspect you will find the problem near where you wired those lights in, all this happening at once seems more than a coincidence.

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
Looked at a schematic last nite , it was not real clear but it looks like the orange wire off the ignition switch is the fuel solenoid feed, a test light wil be your friend, it goes through a multiple plug so you may want to pull them apart and clean them with electrical spray cleaner and blow them dry, Personally, i would do that and treat the plugs with dilelectric grease.

jsmith6752james4now

You are exactly correct. I found an orange wire had come loose on the ignition switch. It fires right up now. All I need to do is finish the last of my light wires and straighten out the harness wires under the seat. Thank you all so much for your help I really appreciate it....