• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1825case-gas replacing fan belt help

ccb

have small 1825 for moving dirt/cleaning up downed trees/snow removal/and playing
belt on fan needs replaced.
hoped it was something simple but after looking at it,its behind another belt and appears you have to pull both belts
but it appears there no room between the pulley and radiator
what kind of trouble am I in ?
closes dealer is 30 miles away and I don"t have trailer
they will sale me the belt but did not seem interest in sharing info on dyi
price they quoted to fix it will turn it into yard art.
Thanks for any help

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I suspect they couldn't lend a hand info wise because most of, if not all of, their techs weren't born when it was built! The radiator isn't that hard to pull if you had to. Our 1845 you can change the belt without pulling radiator but it's tight. I've worked on ours enough I can have radiator out in 15-20 minutes.

Post a few pics if you can and we can help figure out whatcha gotta do.

ccb

I suspect they couldn't lend a hand info wise because most of, if not all of, their techs weren't born when it was built! The radiator isn't that hard to pull if you had to. Our 1845 you can change the belt without pulling radiator but it's tight. I've worked on ours enough I can have radiator out in 15-20 minutes.

Post a few pics if you can and we can help figure out whatcha gotta do.
thank you i will try and get pics

ccb

the second belt does not appear to have and adjustment to either assembly I am going to have-to
unbolt one of them from the motor?
I am really clueless as to what I'm doing !
any direction would be greatly appreciated .

Thank-You

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Can't really see much from those pictures. Only seeing one belt right off.

But if the problem is just that the fan is too close to the radiator to slip the belt past you should be able to just loosen the bottom mounts and then disconnect the upper mount an lean the radiator a little to make room. Belt is only about 1/2 thick so you don't need that much room!

Just tried looking at parts breakdown online and I'm only seeing one belt. It drives the fan/water pump and the alternator. What does the "second belt" run?

Last edited:

ccb

its a mechanical speed Governor belt part #1960027ci has a Lot OF LINKAGE ATTACHED DOES appear have adjustment bracket
but not sure what has to be loosened and if I need remove linkage can"t tell from drawing what bolts need to loosen.
this may be above my pay grade. thanks for any ideas

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Took a bit of digging on Colman equipment site but think this is the governor mounting arraignment you may be dealing with:

gov.png
Ignore all the yellow circles around the item numbers. If you look at the five slotted holes in brackets with red circles around them I would expect you would have to loosen all the five bolts that go through them to loosen the governor belt to get it off so you can replce the other belt. If you work careful and pay attention and make notes you should not have too much trouble.

ccb

thank-you so much
its supposed to warm up to the low 20's mid week so let you know if I win.
once again win or lose thank-you so much for the help