• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

18,800# Tilt Bed

Tommjr

I have a 2004 Felling 18,800lb gvw trailer with 75% Rubber.

The trailer is in mint condition. Just off fresh DOT.

It has a 22' Deck, 9,000lb oil bath axles.

Very nice trailer.

Just curious how much this thing is worth?

I paid $8500.00 for it brand new.

It also has load range H tires with solid steel rims.

This thing is beefy.

Thanks for all the info!

thejdman04

I am no trailer expert and not to be an arse at all but a tilt top is worthless to me. And most guys I have talked to dont like tilt tops. Some machines dont stay put when you put them up there,esp if the deck gets oily and slick. But from waht I have seen used trailers in decnet shape usually bring good value. they usually only lose about 2 grand value esp if they have good tires and brakes.

skata

I am no trailer expert and not to be an arse at all but a tilt top is worthless to me. And most guys I have talked to dont like tilt tops. Some machines dont stay put when you put them up there,esp if the deck gets oily and slick. But from waht I have seen used trailers in decnet shape usually bring good value. they usually only lose about 2 grand value esp if they have good tires and brakes.

what do you mean the machines move around? move while loading? cause once they straighten out, how is it any different than a normal trailer?

by the way, i'm looking to get a tilt trailer pretty soon for a tracked skidsteer. and from what i've seen, the decks dont tilt that much. a normal trailer with ramps has a more severe loading angle.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I am no trailer expert and not to be an arse at all but a tilt top is worthless to me. And most guys I have talked to dont like tilt tops.

I talked to a friend (with back troubles), the other day who's thinking of buying a trailer, and he's specifically looking for a tilt trailer so that he doesn't have to handle the ramps.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Yeah, I'm a fan of tilt decks, but don't mind ramp trailers. Loading on a tilt bed with an excavator is easier and safer than a ramp trailer as there's no breaking point. But, a backhoe or anything will wheels is much easier to climb up ramps than a tilt bed. Out here, nobody runs ramp trailers, the beavertails get hung up on everything.

Duke

I have a 2004 Felling 18,800lb gvw trailer with 75% Rubber.

The trailer is in mint condition. Just off fresh DOT.

It has a 22' Deck, 9,000lb oil bath axles.

Very nice trailer.

Just curious how much this thing is worth?

I paid $8500.00 for it brand new.

It also has load range H tires with solid steel rims.

This thing is beefy.

Thanks for all the info!

I just sold the exact same trailer for $6,000 ('06 Cam Superline 18,400 GVWR tandem axle with single wheels, electric tilt deck) . I paid $8,200 only 1.5 years ago, so I think I took a bath on this one. :Banghead

http://www.camsuperline.com/pdf/DeckOverSplitTilt.pdf