• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

150 Gallion engine swap

HATCHEQUIP

10 years ago I swapped a v6 cummins out of 15 ton Pettibone and put a 453 back in it with very little problem. But weve had this 150 for years and its a good little safe yard crane but its always had 1 problem it takes a heard of brontos a dozen cavemen rephrase that cavepersons to keep it in gas, yep its got the gas guzzling v8 international. Kept thinkin that 1 day it would sling a rod or something no such luck it just keeps suckin up gas. So jerked it and the torque out the other day and set them in the floor beside a freshened up 453, split the torque off. This ones not going to be as easy as the bone the gas application has wide adapter between them. Was wandering if anyone here might have done this before.

HATCHEQUIP

I thought about the 5.9 but I seem to always have Detroit's in ready supply "say what honey I didn't catch that, you liker the way I swing my bat,,,,oh don't forget to feed the cat...