• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1440 rule

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Wrenchbender losing his friend Jerry today to a heart attack reminded me of the ol' 1440 rule.
It goes something like this:
What if I told you I would give you $1,440 dollars a day, every day, for the rest of your life with just one stipulation. The stipulation is that you have to spend every penny of it every day. Whatever you don't spend by midnight, you lose. Of course the next day you start out again with $1,440. How long do you think it would take you to figure out just how to spend all of it so you didn't lose any? Probably not too long, huh.
God gives us 1,440 minutes every day. Once they are gone, we don't get them back. Most of us live our whole lives without ever figuring out how to use them wisely.
If we spent just half the time figuring out how to use our time wisely, that we would spend figuring out how to spend the money, we would all probably live better lives.
Something to think about. It usually takes the death of a friend or loved one to put something like this in perspective.