• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

125c moves erratically in forward

grvlpt

One time it will push over a 14"oak with a single pass and the next minuite it will barely move forward. Cannot believe its clutches if it has that kind of power sometimes. Reverse seems to be normal in all 3 ranges. Any clues out there? Thanks

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Sounds like losing shift control oil, bad seals making and losing contact, maybe a bad clutch pack seal ring but doubtful.

grvlpt

Sounds like losing shift control oil, bad seals making and losing contact, maybe a bad clutch pack seal ring but doubtful.

Pilot control valve? When I put the control valve into a forward position, I can feel a slight clunk in the transmission.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I would start there as relatively easy to pull and check seals/for debris, move to checking trans pressures when shift into gear and when it acts up.

grvlpt

I would start there as relatively easy to pull and check seals/for debris, move to checking trans pressures when shift into gear and when it acts up.

its acting up almost always now and moves forward with any force very little, also, if moving forward and steering engaged, it stops.