• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1150b life span?

mclean

Curious if anyone has an opinion on the lifespan of a medium sized dozer. I recently bought a 1150b, and the hour meters at 1200, only 4 digits. Machine runs and operates well. But the pins and bushings in all the key areas are spent.

Is this likely a 11000 hour machine? Or would a dozer of this size with that many hours be in for scrap by now?

I'm trying to figure out how in depth I want to go on repairing the loose ends on this machine.. Couple cylinder leaks, some rotten hoses. The blade center pin is completely worn out. Seems like only a few days without grease could destroy this..

Also transmission uses aw46?

Thanks for anything!

Shimmy1

Could be 11,000 hours, could be 21,000 hours. Depends on how well it was treated the first 10,000. We had an 1150C. Hour meter showed 4500 when we got it. It quit at 7500. Found a used one that read around 7500, when it was sold, it showed around 8500. We had to replace all the bushings in the c-frame when we got it. C-frame was sprung, and blocks that hold the bushings where it attaches to track frame were completely fagged out. Had new ones built, with one of them offset slightly to compensate for the sprung frame. Front blade pivot bushing looked like it had been gone since the tractor was built. We took the frame into a machine shop that bored the eye 1" oversize, and cut a sleeve that fit the new bushing. After some discussion, we decided to install it upside down so the shoulder held the bushing from sliding UP, a condition that would happen every time you put down pressure on the blade. It was a b***h to get snap-ring in from the bottom later on in life, but that first time we just flipped the c-frame over. I have never had any experience with a "B", but have been told that Torsion design they have is bad news. The " C" has an equalizer beam. We had to rebuild that as well, but that's a whole 'nuther story. :)

Last edited: