• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1085B case outriggers.

BabaLoui9696

Hi.
I was suggested to star a new thread instead of piggyback someone.So here I am.
I bought a case 1085B wheeled excavator that was neglected for many years.I have been changing almost every single hydraulic hose there is in this machine.The electrical is a mess as well but got it hot wire and now it runs. Some of the functions are workable like moving the boom in every direction ,tool works and swinging the cab. I replaced the shifting cables .But not able to shift from the cab.I disconnected the ones going to the traction valve .I can make the machine drive back and forward.Rebuilt the parking brake cylinder.All this because I want to have the machine somehow ready for transportation but now I ran into the problem that the outriggers don't want to come up.Must likely its going to be an electrical problem for starters and then the hydraulics.
P.s : Do my regular brakes work on air too or are hydraulic?
If some one have any ideas of things that I can try I would appreciate any help.Thanks .

old timer

Occupation
field mechanic
Your shifting problem is more than likely the shifter tubes running thru the center of the swivel. (try something like WD40) Whatever you do DO NOT BEND THEM, last time I priced them out was 900$ Canadian.
The outriggers are electric over air,(a solenoid gets a signal to lift an air plunger that shifts the valve)swing the machine back over the rear, take off the plate to access the air solenoids, the machine usually has 4 of them (equipped for 4 outriggers) If you have an electrical signal and the solenoids have resistance, disassemble and clean the air plungers. The likely problem if no signal is the electrical swivel.
The wheel brakes are hydraulic, take the 2 bolt plate off at the left fender, you will find 2 master cylinders and 2 air pots.(air over hydraulic)
Hope this helps.