1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

10054 Clark transmission with Spicer input flange

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by Captain Nemo, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

recycler
    Anyone know what the Spicer number is for the input or output u joint flange (same)on the Clark transmission? Circa 1997. JLG quit selling them and the JLG number is no help. Skytrak number was 8033885

Moonlite likes this.
  2. Midnightmoon

Midnightmoon Senior Member

What's wrong with the one you have? I know it's not great but i worked for a guy who has welded these to the shaft its sloppy. Go slow and use water to cool so you dont cook seals. if the ujoint side is sloppy you can shim weld just have to get everything tacked perfect first. Do you have model and serial of trans? Have you talked with a dealer? The newer ones have been updated to a new part number

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  3. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

recycler
    Midnightmoon
    Jlg/Skytrak quit stocking the yoke. No help there. The stops for the u joint caps are worn. The shaft from the engine to the trans is high speed and is vibrating quite a bit at idle. I road the machine quite a bit and I am afraid that this excess vibrating will eat up the input shaft bearing.
    . Parts book says than a output flanges are the same.
    I found a machinist here in town that says he has Spicer books. I think that I will pull one off and do some measurements with him and see if we can get a.Spicer number. If it becomes unobtainable I will resort to welding and machining.
    Thanks for the suggestion s.

4. Midnightmoon

Midnightmoon Senior Member

I can look up parts through transmission side if I had trans model and serial. . A machinist can easily fix the one you have

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  5. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

recycler
    Midnight moon
    Clark 3 speed transmission
    12.2 MHR 18363-3
    S/N WBEA 435764
    Skytrak part number for the whole transmission is 8841025
    Got anything?

6. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

recycler
    Midnightmoon
    Are these numbers any good for you?

7. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Member

recycler
    Thanks for a reply midnightmoon

8. icestationzebra

icestationzebra Senior Member

Make sure the issue isn't with the coupling. I don't recall the specifics but Sky Trak had an issue with those coming apart and changed the design in the early 2000's.