• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1 on 1 welding lessons

Welder Dave

I have another welder I'm going to be selling. The last one attracted some interest because I offered it with welding lessons. I'm curious what people would pay for private in person lessons or what value I should put on the lessons? They'd be included in the price and I'd rather give the lessons than lower the price but if someone didn't want them, how much should be deducted? Also wondering if delivery could be an added bonus if it's a reasonable distance? I don't mind my time and would rather get the best price I could. It would be nice if I could help get someone into the trade. They say there's going to be a big shortage of welders and other trades in the very near future.

westerner

No one will pay what your experience is worth. You gotta decide how much time and effort you are willing to put in to break in another apprentice. I have a few cubs coming up now, and that is all the pay I need.

Welder Dave

I was planning to have the lessons included in the price. If someone didn't want the lessons, should I reduce the price or just say they are a package deal? I don't think I'd lower the price more than $50 but as part of a package deal could value the lessons a little higher. I wouldn't be selling to someone wanting a $100 buzz box.