• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

06 T190 right track drive motor suddenly quite?

jca57jd

Hey guys! I have a 06 t190 (1030 hours) joystick control. Was 15 minutes away from finishing a job today and my right track suddenly quite functioning. I was driving forward and suddenly felt the right side of the machine feel like it was starting to run into something (that was the drive starting to quite functioning). The drives never made any bad noises and the motor isn't bogging down or showing any signs or sounds of strain. I shut the machine down and tried again 10 minutes later and nothing changed. I have tried it in iso and h pattern to verify that it wasn't the joysticks and no matter what I did the right track will not pull but the rest of the joysticks controls function properly. This machine has never showed me the first sign of drives going out, it's always had plenty of power on both sides. I talked with my local bobcat guy tonight and he told me check the drive solenoid son the pump and see if the plastic nut retainer rings came off. He said that the solenoids are on the back side of the pump and I want be able to see them, I'll have to feel them an see if there lose.

Can someone please lead me in the right direction of where to look for these solenoids?

Has anybody else had this same problem before?

Thanks,
John

guisep3

I have a t300 and I've had this happen three times. I've also bought two reman. Track motors. One thing that I would check is the track motor fluid. There should be one or two plugs on the motor cover. Take out. The plug and check the color and texture of the oil. Smell it, feel it. I would also pull the hydraulic filter and the case drain filters. Any time my motor went, the case drain gets overwhelmed with metals. Check the case drain and hydraulic filter for any sign of metals or contamination.
The reman motors aren't too bad in price. They are all over ebay. Also used loaderpartssource.com to buy new motor.

Good luck

jca57jd

Thanks for the reply! I think I might go with loaderpartssource for my motor aswell.

guisep3

Make sure if you do change the motor you get new case drain filters and change the hydraulic filter. The case drain is a must. I had a motor blow and it blew out the case drain filter. I had gold throughout my entire hydraulic system. No good way to flush the machine out.