• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

05 DT466e

pumkinhead

im working in a 05 dt466e that blows tons of white smoke and misses at higher rpms, i replaced fuel lift pump due to low fuel pressure, had injectors benched tested and replaced 5 out of the 6, replaced cam sensor and finally puled the head and had it gone through and it still smokes and misses at higher rpm any help would be greatly appreciated.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Did you check the strainer screen back above the starter right in line with the water separator It's a small bowl plastic about 2" tall maybe 3/4 of an inch to an inch wide

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
On top of your secondary fuel filter there should be an 1/8 inch pipe plug remove the plug , screw a gauge their you should see 40 to 45 pounds full throttle if not you probably have an obstruction or air intrusion

pumkinhead

Had 40-45 and was told that was low and replaced lift pump and relief now have a pretty constant 60 psi

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Take your fuel return line and run it out into a bucket observe it under throttle and under load if it's aerated you probably have combustion gas leaking past a cup up into your injector fuel supply. Did the guy who did your shoulder head replace all the injector cups

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Those pressures seem very low, we should be around 2k just to start iirc. I got as book around here somewhere. I'll look for it this weekend.

pumkinhead

Thank you really appreciate it, I did find this page and it also doesn't throw any codes for ipr low voltage or out of range

Attachments

• 2013-05-23_175546_icpvoltages.jpg
    2013-05-23_175546_icpvoltages.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 5

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Sorry, kept you waiting for nothing. I thought the ICP was supposed to go full pressure when unplugged, unfortunately, it fails to minimum.
Back to basics, check fuel pressure and supply. Run off alternate fuel source to rule out garbage in your tank. Run return fuel into a bucket. Check for aeration. Lots of bubbles indicates combustion gases leaking into fuel galley.
BTW, what's the condition of the engine oil? Is it a quality oil, has it been fuel diluted, when was it last serviced?
Do you have boost pressure, is the waste gate damaged or stuck. Do you have a cracked cooler or blown boost hose? Boost relates to load, which correlates to ICP. Low boost, low ICP.
After your head was repaired, did you really beat the sh!t out of it? The heui engine is kinda like the old Detroit's. They wanna be loaded hard and driven hard. That's the only way to purge the high pressure oil galley of air. 25 miles of abusive driving. If you got a dyno , all the better, 60-70%load 2-3 minutes at a time will get it done quick .
Best I can do for you. Let's see what you find with what I've suggested

pumkinhead

Did some more testing and had a couple other techs take a look and they where baffled so I've exhausted my resources and it going in to the international dealear next week will keep you updated on what they find, thanks for all your help