• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

03 S175 questions.

Petetown1

a bit new to the skid steer world have some questions I’m in the process of changing axle bearings does one need to change the oil in the transmission ? Does it need to be drained to make this repair? How do you get out this oil ? It almost looks like you have to pump it out I’m assuming bad bearings would cause metal to contaminate the oil also is there separate oil for the hydraulic system and transmission ? Anyone have an idea how much oil it holds ? Thanks in advance!

Welder Dave

The chain cases have a separate compartment from the hydraulic reservoir used for the drive. A parts breakdown would show if there is a drain for the chain cases. See if the Bobcat dealer can give you a repair procedure for the bearings.

Petetown1

Thanks for the reply I realized after looking the chain case is separate I did the bearings it’s pretty straight forward only thing is on two axles I ended up with a very small amount of end play I then pulled the washers on the inside sprocket side and cut a small recess in the middle with a lathe to tighten things up a bit to get perfection.