• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 8.1 fuel issue

Tiki98

Goodmorning,
I have a John Deere 8.1 ESN: RG6081H265308 on a SDMO 230kw generator that it's been giving me trouble.
The unit starts and runs but after 15 minutes it starts to loose power and has a knock on the engine(most likely a fuel knock) only when starts to lose power and shuts down. After it cools down it starts and runs but its the same issue. They have replaced the High Pressure pump and still does the same thing. I have seen the injector harness leaks oil.
Any ideas what it may be?
Thanks in advance.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
When checking for codes on that unit, are you just looking to see if codes just "popped" up, or did you search for a code through the menu structure?

The fuel pressure seems fine until the knocking comes up.
Seems? Or has this been confirmed with a gauge?

When the issue starts, did you loosen the fuel cap to see if that resolves the issue?

Tiki98

There is no codes. Connected diesel laptop to check the fuel pressures. Will check the cap.