• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How do I remove the sun gear? No bolts/clips on the cover!

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Blank the pipes then use the digger to do the lifting.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
A way of moving equipment with hydraulic drive is to remove the bolts from the sprocket and let it slip on the hub. With caution the sprocket won't come off the hub and has to come off anyway to fix the planetary.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Sniffy, what actually is the problem with the digger? It doesn't run, engine out of action? Cheers.

shopguy

Just bough a dead EX-58mu
Previous owner broke the main valve bank. All 8 of the little spool valve spring tower caps on the side sheared off, so I'll be buying parts in the future. Local Hitachi dealer is saying that they are 3-2 months out and a custom made to order part.
Since this isn't a common machine, being grey market, I need to find a North American market equivalent. Does anyone know if models like a ex50 or ex60 would share the same parts? Need rear engine body panels too. I doubt that Hitachi would make a 1-off machine with unique parts and not share them in other models.