• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Zacklift

hvy 1ton

Looking good Truck Shop. Those work/reverse light mounts look slick. Who makes the big box on the passenger side?

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
It sure is going to be an eye catcher as well as useful. You fabrication skills are great. I have been following this thread with anticipation of what's next.

Truck Shop

Looking good Truck Shop. Those work/reverse light mounts look slick. Who makes the big box on the passenger side?

Thank you, That box is a Pro Tech that was laying around the shop for years. It came from a 48' flat. The door opened downward so we removed the hinge moved it to the front
and it swings open at the rear. But Pro Tech is so over priced and their quality isn't what it use to be. Those other boxes are Buyers for half the price and will do what we need.

Truck Shop

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Lookin good man. Can't say I've ever seen a middle fender bracket done quite like that :)

That truck is similar to the KW I have that may end up repowered. Or I'll bite the bullet and rebuild the motor in it and do the 6NZ conversion.

Keep up the good work and come visit Oklahoma but wait until about October!

Truck Shop

Lookin good man. Can't say I've ever seen a middle fender bracket done quite like that :)

That truck is similar to the KW I have that may end up repowered. Or I'll bite the bullet and rebuild the motor in it and do the 6NZ conversion.

Keep up the good work and come visit Oklahoma but wait until about October!

Those fender mounts are that way because I had three boxes of tag fender mounts already and it's much easier than screwing around building underneath mounts.
I have used those many times before and it works well. Besides I like to do things different from everyone else.:)

Truck Shop

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Dam you do some Purdy work!! Love the stretch and the paint up. Lots of hours there. Those SSHD Rockwells? Had I bought the '75 A-car I would be in this frame of mind as the inner rails were still good just the outer rail was morphed too far plus I could have gone with a different bed. I am still thinking on it.

Truck Shop

Thanks- Taking care of our trucks plus customer harvest trucks. With harvest going I put things off on the tow unit, but should be finishing it soon.
Those rear drives are 40-145 Rockwells.

Truck Shop

Truck Shop

Finally getting done with it, picked up the rest of the lift Wednesday. Installed and plumed, still have to build a fork rack. We will test it next week.

Truck Shop

002 (11).JPG 001 (10).JPG 003 (9).JPG 004 (6).JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Don't think you have enough wheelbase!! Maybe another foot or two, you know 'Two foot-itis' as in boats!!!

Ought to ride good.

crane operator

I think all the wheelbase is to act like counterweight for lifting capacity? Keeps it from getting too light on the front axle.

It sure does look nice.

Truck Shop

I think all the wheelbase is to act like counterweight for lifting capacity? Keeps it from getting too light on the front axle.

It sure does look nice.

Correct, some are built to 330" wheel base but then you really lose turning radius. This one is 300" WB and it still turns fairly well. It weighs 24,800 now, steer axle weight is 11,300.
When you lift one of our trucks by the front axle it will take 2,500 lbs off the steer. Leaving only 8,800 on the steer. Lifting the rear axles or towing from the drive axles it will have
about 9,900 on the steer. Driving in winter you want steer axle weight.

Truck Shop

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Was being a little ornery and jealous at the same time! Is sweet looking machine and I am well aware they need be long!

Truck Shop

Looks pretty good. Have you used it for bringing one home yet?
Passed one of your guys on I-90 yesterday... They probably wonder who the crazy dude that waves at them all the time is.

To finally answer your question have I used it yet-yes. I put 520 miles on it today towing one to Portland Or. and brought one back. Just got in an hour ago.
Cruises right down the road. I added some grille bars, 24" Grover round tooters and removed the fiberglass visor and installed a stainless visor a friend
gave me, looks sharp more like a W900A.

Truck Shop