1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wrong way to park your sideboom

Discussion in 'Safety Competition' started by JDOFMEMI, Apr 19, 2012.

1. JDOFMEMI

JDOFMEMI Senior Member

I found these pictures of an accident today.

What I know is per the following quote: "On 9/29/2011, the unit was involved in an accident due to operator and procedural error. The unit flipped over several times. The engine was running upside down and eventually shut itself off. Damage includes, but is not limited to the boom assembly, operator platform assembly and the engine. There is also damage to the top side and lower side, with all items above the frame rail completely destroyed."

The accident took place near Vernal Utah, according to the info I have.

Pictures and text from Salvage Sale website: http://salvagesale.assetnation.com/...source=SS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=44999

If anyone knows more, please feel free to add to it. It looks like it may not have went well for the operator, to put it mildly.

583Vernal1.jpg 583Vernal3.jpg 583Vernal2.jpg

2. robin yates uk

robin yates uk Senior Member

do they sack you before the burial or after ?

3. WerkBrau

WerkBrau Well-Known Member

Wow, this looks brutal.

4. JDOFMEMI

JDOFMEMI Senior Member

Only 2 replies?

I guess this one got lost in the shuffle. I will bring it back up for those who missed it.

5. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

If machines have feelings, that sideboom is not a happy camper.

6. seohhdny

seohhdny Member

dept of public works employee
    A roll bar would have been helpful. Companies need to do as much as possible to keep operators safe, even on equipment as old as this one!