• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Worlds Largest Plow

calhusker

A few years ago the Orange County Fair's theme was farming. One of our long time customer's Grandfather built theses plows and we transported them to the Fair. These plows were built in the 30's to clear the silt from flooding before they built the dams to protect the farm lands. It may be hard to read the sign, but is says the it took "5" - D8 tractors to pull the plow.

Attachments

• Scan10220 (Small).JPG
    Scan10220 (Small).JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 12,968
  • Scan10221 (Small).JPG
    Scan10221 (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 10,400
  • Scan10360 (Small).JPG
    Scan10360 (Small).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 8,555
  • Scan10364 (Small).JPG
    Scan10364 (Small).JPG
    44 KB · Views: 9,181
  • Scan10371 (Small).JPG
    Scan10371 (Small).JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 8,768

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Saw one of these plows a couple years ago.The smaller one was the size i saw .It was in a field in Missouri with trees gowing throw the beams and wheels.Not sure i could find it again or not.

I was just out looking around and run across it.Amazing what you can find setting in fields sometimes! Nice pictures thanks for sharing.

BIGBEN2004

I saw in a farming Magazene once where a man built a plow like those in order to try to find dirt in his fields. He farmed on land that was covered in volcanic ash and it needed dirt to mix with so it would grow crops. He was able to pull it with a large tractor since the ash was not hard to pull a plow through.

Northart

Post Plow

Here's more write up of the Post Plow.

2nd Picture is of deep plowing in the Netherlands. Soil Mixing .

Last one , is of the smallest, a one man plow.:) LOL

Attachments

• Post Plow c.JPG
    Post Plow c.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 8,950
  • Deep Plowing in the Netherlands.jpg
    Deep Plowing in the Netherlands.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 14,932
  • FarmingMules.JPG
    FarmingMules.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 8,489