• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

wiring gremlims help

Delmer

take the extra wire I put from the alt. off and put it back original.

I agree.

There was probably more going into Bob/Ont's suggestion than what we have here. I'd say it wasn't his best (or most comprehensive advice). He would pull an answer out of nowhere, keep it short and sweet and nail it time after time. I guess he wasn't comprehensive, but he came up with the RIGHT answer more times than anybody, and sometime with only nonsense to go on.

Welder Dave

It was quite a few years ago and I'm sure he asked if there were any other symptoms or signs of rubbing and I couldn't find any. I think he said sometimes wires in a bend or something can break and it's hard to find the problem inside the loom. Everything on the machine is cramped and it's not as easy to find things like on a bigger machine. Finally after 5 or 600 hours the problem showed itself. Luckily my friend saw a spark and even then he had to pull the harness up to find the problem area. Will get it fixed up good now.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Re-read my last post, came off sarcastic was not meant to be intended that way. Meant good you found the short and obviously Opened section. In my olden days we were always told have to run a wire get the other one out of the way, easier to replace than to have to suffer thru digging thru a birds nest later and easier to find/fix the issue that caused the problem.