• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which RT crane do i buy? SANY or ZOOMLION

ernstZA

Occupation
Operations and Technical Director at Schoeman Cran
I am looking to buy a new RT crane and need to choose between either a SANY RT35(40 USton) or Zoomlion RT35 (40 USton).
I am very familiar with KATO, TADANO and GROVE 25/30t RT's but don't know how these will compare. Pricing is very good at almost 20% less.
Is there anyone with experience on either one or both of these cranes?
Would like some input on which crane will be the better one to work with as a operator and also to work as a mechanic.
Any feedback will be welcomed.:)

MCCA_Nardus

Hi Ernst

I am looking to buy a new RT crane and need to choose between either a SANY RT35(40 USton) or Zoomlion RT35 (40 USton).
I am very familiar with KATO, TADANO and GROVE 25/30t RT's but don't know how these will compare. Pricing is very good at almost 20% less.
Is there anyone with experience on either one or both of these cranes?
Would like some input on which crane will be the better one to work with as a operator and also to work as a mechanic.
Any feedback will be welcomed.:)

I See this is a pretty old post but FYI, I work for Manitowoc (which owns Grove) and are based in Johannesburg, if you have any questions then feel free to contact me
Nardus.dutoit@manitowoc.com

Regards

hduhwehduhw

I'd stick with the KATO or TADANO, they're high quality machines which will save you plenty of problem in the long-run. Better Return on investments in my opinion. I run a rental fleet and I can tell you, you can't go wrong with the KATO.