• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which on do you recommend?

Smokeater

I need some help. I am ready to pull the trigger on a mini ex but I have two choices. I found a 03 kubota kx41-2v with 82 hours that I can buy for $13000 or a more used bobcat 322 with 1000 hours for $9000. Both in excellent condition and operate as the should. I am leaning heavily towards the kubota because of the hrs and have done some research myself but wanted to reach out to people more experianced than myself. I will be using it mostly for trenching pool plumbing and electrical. I will also use it on the various occasional side jobs. Does anyone have any experience with these machines? What are some pros and cons with them? Any recommendations? Thank you for your help!
Mark

Rentalstop

Owned a bobcat 322 years ago. It was used with some hours on it. That was the biggest piece of crap that I have owned. Would not dig over 3ft deep. Just pawed at the ground. Don't know much about the kubota, but have heard mostly positive.

melli

Don't they both have the same engine? Both have Kubotas under the hood.
I'm all bobcat, but a friend has the mini Kubota and he seems happy with it. He overpaid...imho
4k difference is a difference....especially if both are in good shape. I suspect you could dump the Bobcat if need be, for what you paid for it.
How in the world did a 2003 Kubota go this long with only 82hrs! Seems odd.
On price, I'd go with Bobcat, as issues crop up, and the saved money can go towards maintenance. But, 82hrs for the Kub....that is barely broken in!
Did you look at all the Youtube vids of both machines? You get a sense of what each can do...likely very similar in capabilities.
If the Kub was garage stored, and all the seals look ok, and oils were not sitting in machine for a decade (that is, my one concern with the Kub, is if machine was sitting for decade without internals getting lubed). Tempting to go with Kub based on hours, but I would really look it over...stuff gets gummed up sitting for a long time.