• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which Fluke meter...87-V or 88-V?

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
I am interested in upgrading my DVOM. I currently have a Fluke 115 and really like it. I want to take my 115 home and get either an 87-V or 88-V for at work. I understand that they both have pros and cons. I just would like some opinions on which one is better for our line of work.

HDMRice

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
If you're going to be spending all that cash on an 87 or 88, why not take a look at the 28-II? It has the IP67 certification, which means its dust, oil, and water proof/resistant. I've found that is more important as a mechanic then the majority of the options these meters come with. Its also drop resistant up to 3m I believe, but there have been destruction tests done on it that show it to be much more durable then that.

The 28II is a bit more expensive, but has very similar features to the other two.

Its the one I plan on getting next, anyways.