• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which excavators are made by the same people??

Tribalfarmer

Cat = Hitachi

When I just bought the Hitahi E60urg thair was this big Cat right next to it and someone came by and said that his Hitahi was the same right down to the tin.

drag1line

Nope, the Hitachi is a Deere or Hitachi Makes for Deere is correct. Cat is a Mitsubishi or part of Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi..not to be confused with Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America. Is ANY ONE keeping score???.........Never mind...would be out of date tomorrow.

Tri-Star

Terex/IR/Bobcat?

Does anyone know if Terex made the IR ZX125, and if so has anyone ran one? Does anyone have any info on the Terex mid size? Just wondering, I was thinking of buying the IR ZX125 but IR doesnt have any website for them anymore, guess because they arent in production. Any info would be very helpful!!!!!
Thanks,
Tri-Star

drag1line

Ok,,got your score card out?
The Ingersoll Rand 12.5 ton and 7 ton were made by the German company Schaff...Who made the mini excavators for New Holland until Kobelco came in the picture and makes the mini's for Case and New Holland...and yes, Kobelco.
Deep breath...Ingersol Rand is now owned, at least the big part, by Volvo..and Schaff is now owned by Terex..Who sells Doosan Excavators and Wheel loaders.
Have a good day.

Tri-Star

Thanks for the info drag1line! Does anyone have any Idea where you would get parts IR/Volvo/Terex? Has anyone been on one? And are they reliable?

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Hi All,:)

Here in England you can buy Hyundai Excavators and also a range of Excavators made buy Hyundai but badged by the South African ADT maker Bell, exactly the same machines just with slightly different paint job, not sure how they compare on price??

:notworthy

Nick.

As far as I know, Kato makes Bell excavators, but I don't know anything of Hyundai and Bell sleeping in the same bed. I will try to find out though.

My Cat dealer told me as we were looking at a 385D that Cat has or is going to buy Buycyrus to start making mining shovels and the like... anyone else heard of this?

Last edited:

Dogger

Occupation
Operator
All Case Mini excavators under 5 ton are made by Kobelco. Anythink over is made by Sumitomo

QUANIE

Have been reading the posts and found alot of insite, but will like to know if anyone knows who cat started its backhoe line from ?

ror76a

Cat developed it's own excavator line, orginaly. The 200 series was all Cat, started with the 225 in 1972 I think. The E and 300 series came from the Cat-Mitsubushi joint venture.

3964B

excavators, new is as bad as old!!

1978 international = yumbo warner-swassy= massy ferg,? and so on. some good some bad.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums 3964B! :drinkup

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Interesting. Case and Terex in this country are run by the same people.

Now what about Doosan / Bobcat.:stirthepot