• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Where has tctractotors gone ?

Tinkerer

I started this thread to avoid completely highjacking the one about Nige, because Tony's name was brought up there.
Back in April he was highly offended (and rightly so) by a member with the user name etd66ss. So much so that he said he was done with HEF and would not be back.
I wish he were still with us. He is (was) one of the best of the best when it came to helping members here.
Here is a link to the thread when he said farewell to HEF in post #377. Be sure to read OIH's post #366.
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/d6c-cat-loss-of-oil-pressure.63891/page-19#post-692815
Unfortunately I misspelled his username in the thread title and I cannot figure out how to edit it.

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
I miss reading Tony's posts, he was/is a huge asset to this forum, very informative and I just liked the way he used words!

I just hope he is healthy and happy.

It's a shame how that thread caused this collateral damage.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I started this thread to avoid completely highjacking the one about Nige, because Tony's name was brought up there.
Back in April he was highly offended (and rightly so) by a member with the user name etd66ss. So much so that he said he was done with HEF and would not be back.
I wish he were still with us. He is (was) one of the best of the best when it came to helping members here.
Here is a link to the thread when he said farewell to HEF in post #377. Be sure to read OIH's post #366.
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/d6c-cat-loss-of-oil-pressure.63891/page-19#post-692815
Unfortunately I misspelled his username in the thread title and I cannot figure out how to edit it.

HI Tinkerer,
I also miss TC and his valuable advice. Someday I hope to go abroad and have a pint or two with him. I think my post you quoted should have been 376. No matter. I really hope TC shows back up and shares more of his straight, no nonsense talk with us.

Hobbytime

do the mods have emails to maybe reach out to the member to see what the story is??

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Tinkerer>> THAT THREAD torqued ALOT of people off.. I quit reading it after pg. 2 or 3..
I STILL don't know or care if it is running..
I wouldn't be TOOOO concerned w/ TC.. you know those Aussies.. 17 weeks of vacation time, EVERY year..Lol

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I read every word of it. Sometimes I finished feeling mad, sometimes sad, sometimes completely bumfuzzled. Almost got it the truck and drove my a$$ up there but I realized it was winter and cold. Lol, it's a great example of some very talented and knowledgeable people trying their best to help somebody despite their efforts all but being undermined (sometimes intentional and some not) at every turn.

hvy 1ton

You're a better man than me Junkyard, and a much better mechanic. Pumpguy, TC is from the home country, midlands i think. At least you didn't call Scrub a Kiwi, i guess. :D

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
You're a better man than me Junkyard, and a much better mechanic. Pumpguy, TC is from the home country, midlands i think. At least you didn't call Scrub a Kiwi, i guess. :D

I was gonna say the same thing about where TC was from. Idk about much better anything. That thread was like watching two old steam locomotives racing at each other or reading a Greek tragedy!

Tinkerer

Junkyard ; I read every page of it also. I had the same feelings as the scenario progressed. I was dumbfounded when the insult was made to Tony and indirectly to all the pros trying to help that hard head with problem.
Half way through the thread I like others reading it didn't give a dam if that engine ever ran. I kept reading just to see how long good people would stay with the guy and try to help him.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I read that thread and was like "Nope, not even gonna waste much time on this"

Ya'll got more patience than I.
Yes that was or should I say still is a frustrating thread. As of the last resort he was saying the trans was at the "add mark" and then took 25 gallons to top it off! and I still don't think he has understood why so many were trying to get his to buy a operator/maintenance manual. Guess I just feel sorry for that old machine!

Actually was surprised how long Tony kept at it, he's definitely one of the guys I would love to spend sometime working with, just scrapping gaskets and washing parts for him would be a pleasure. If I ever found my self heading over that side of the Pond I would do my best to meet up with him for a pint or two at the local pub!

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Yes that was or should I say still is a frustrating thread. As of the last resort he was saying the trans was at the "add mark" and then took 25 gallons to top it off! and I still don't think he has understood why so many were trying to get his to buy a operator/maintenance manual. Guess I just feel sorry for that old machine!

Actually was surprised how long Tony kept at it, he's definitely one of the guys I would love to spend sometime working with, just scrapping gaskets and washing parts for him would be a pleasure. If I ever found my self heading over that side of the Pond I would do my best to meet up with him for a pint or two at the local pub!

I haven't been a member or active enough on here to know who the cool guys or gals are. Seemed like he knew his stuff from the few posts of his I read.

Dickjr.

Ban the troublemaker and hopefully TC will be back around. God knows I need all the assistance I can get. Other forums do it. I can name most of the guys on here that I trust way more than my dealer and local experts.