• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's your favorite freight truck maker?

MVU_MM

Occupation
General Manager
I love most of them when it comes to freight trucks, but my favorite is Peterbilt. Look awesome. Not a driver nor own one.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Just for looks, the new - retro International navistar has a sharp look but a lot of chrome to polish.

Truck Shop

Well for the looks department KW 523 model. For practicality Pete 379, easiest to work on.

Truck Shop

51 KW.jpg 50 KW.jpg

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
My favorite to drive was the '74-75 Pete 359 with the flat top dash, the cab fit me well and you could reach everything without straining. No need for a power passenger window in them. :D
But for pure practicality... the best one I owned was a '77 GMC 9500 with an 8V-71 Detroit and a 13 spd, I was doing short haul work at the time and it just kept ticking, it was a fairly new truck at the time so it was nice and tight, had all the dual chrome toys, and was fairly cheap to buy. All in all it was a pretty profitable truck to own... Even if the other guys sneered at me a bit. :p

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, MVU_MM.

Here's our advertising rule: Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may create one introductory post or thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may create one introductory post or thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.

Maybe I've become a little jaded and cynical, but when someone joins the forums, and starts a discussion or two, which then leads to them posting a link to something they "found" on their own website, well, it smells a little spammy to me.

Please, stay and participate in any discussion that interests you, but take care not to make us feel as if we're being taken advantage of.

On edit: Obviously my esteemed colleague CM is a man of fewer words than myself.