• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What's the best state/ region for equipment jobs

jeff205301

Occupation
Utility operator
So I was just wondering where the most jobs are right now. I've been on the road for the last 6 years but Im getting tired of it so I'd like to find a place and settle down. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I would say that it ultimately depends on the type of equipment jobs you had in mind. Houston isn't too bad, and living expenses are rather cheap there, too. A good win-win in both scenarios. Albeit it's a competitive market, if you have the experience i'm sure you could land a good job there.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The Charleston SC market is WIDE OPEN right now..
EVERY construction Co is hiring drivers, Laborers & operators & mechanics..
MAJOR projects going on NOW..
The Volvo truck plant is going up in Ridgeville, the hi-ways are being widened & new exit ramps going in all over the place.. They're building a new R/R line in & out of there also..
There's "TALK" about making the "orange cone" the state symbol.. instead of the Palmetto Tree.. lol

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Houston and Texas in general is pretty hard to beat. The wages are generally lower than other places but the cost-of-living is a lot lower as well. Operators get $13-25 in Houston, but you can buy a house for $100k.

I would say that it ultimately depends on the type of equipment jobs you had in mind. Houston isn't too bad, and living expenses are rather cheap there, too. A good win-win in both scenarios. Albeit it's a competitive market, if you have the experience i'm sure you could land a good job there.

Are you self-employed what's the name of your company?

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
For specifically heavy equipment repair, lets say CAT. Bay Area pays really well, but then you have to live in the Bay Area.