• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What scraper would be close to a Allis Chalmers 260 size, must be open bowl

MattR

Hi, What scraper would be close to a Allis Chalmers 260 size, must be open bowl? I had an old AC 260. Nice size for what we do. Would like to find another oldie like it. Must be open bowl. Cat 615'S seem to be only self loaders. Any other suggestions? Looking for oldies, not high dollar units. AC 260's seem to be gone. I guess that would be like a 15 yard size or so.

Any info would be great. Thanks

Also, looking for AC 260's non running is fine.

crayton

Occupation
Don't want one now, retired.
AC 260 was probably one of the best early hydraulic scrapers built Ran one when they were new and bought one later for myself. Sold it to a fellow who ran it till the engine went tu and then he took off the engine and cab, transmission and made a hitch out of the frame and pulled it with a Versatile 875. Probably short on hydraulics but it worked. If you just have engine trouble an 855 Cummins should slip in pretty good. The newer ones had that. An old Cat DW 21 would be kind of comparable if you can put up with the cables and clutches.

Last edited:

Gord229

Occupation
Operator
An Allis 260 is equivalent in size to a Cat 621 or a Wabco 229F/G/H as far as single power hydraulic scrapers, and a Cat 627 or Terex TS14 for twin power machines.
Pre hydraulic, that is cable operated scrapers single power, it would equate to a Cat 619 or Letourneau-Westinghouse/Wabco C'Pull