• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Is Fluid Film?

NH-Eric

This stuff works as advertised. I used it on the rollers of my garage door and it is almost silent now. Sprayed a spring on the pool door that rubs on the fence, now silent for the entire season! Bought the sprayer and the gallon, use it everywhere! even smells great, love it!

Andrew_D

We use both wd40 and fluid film. As stated above, wd40 is a bit better as a penetrant, but FF is better as a lubricant.
Also use FF or anti-seize to lube for re-assembly unless it needs to be dry, then use a spray can of dry graphite.

Andrew

dieseldog5.9

I buy a 5 gallon pail at a time, and spray it with an old sand blast nozel, on a crew cab longbed truck i us 2 gallons, and unlike other products it doesnt drip off the chassis. reading this post the spray can doesnt smell bad, a 5 gallon pail smells some fierce, takes a few weeks for the smell to dissipate on the daily driver. a 5 gallon pail at napa is around $150, my number one enemy living in the north country is rust, so i spray everything! I have a one ton in the yard with no body on it that got sprayed last year, and you can still see that it got applied, after a year of rain and snow and sun with no cover to protect it.:thumbsup

NH-Eric

The only issue I have experienced is that it will soften the undercoat on a gm truck. Although if gm wasn't using a frame wax it would be better. No issues on my 2 cars undercoat, just the 2004 GMC

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I've been using FF forever,surprised many here have never heard of it.I get it usually by the case from whoever's lowest on Ebay,most times it's Fluid Film King.Comes out to app.$7 per can.I use it mostly as a lubricant on chain binders,zippers,sliding gates,any pins/bushings that don't have zerks,etc.,etc.I also use it as undercoating on my frame pre Winter to ward off rust.Still have my original 208K mile brake lines thanks to FF.

thrashingcows

Diggin up this old thread, just in case others are not familiar with this product.

I have been using FF for many years now....one of the best rust preventive, lubricating and penetrating fluid out there. I go through a can of FF probably once a month or so, I use it on everything from electrical connectors, to rust prevention.