• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Is Fluid Film?

Dano50

FF3Cans2.jpg

For those unfamiliar or unsure what Fluid Film is all about, I thought I would take a second to explain what sets Fluid Film apart from all the competition.

Fluid Film contains no solvents. That statement alone means a number of things:

1) No evaporation. No evaporation means more useable product, which in turn means more bang for your buck.
Most competitive products contain as much as 70% solvent, meaning most of what you spray evaporates and contaminates the atmosphere.

2) Non-tacky application. With solvent-based materials, the end product ends up being a gummy, sticky mess. Fluid Film will NEVER get tacky, retaining a super-slick consistency that provides excellent lubrication for moving parts on all metals.

3) Eco-Friendly. No solvents means no ozone depleting chemicals contaminating the atmosphere. It is classified as non-toxic and non-hazardous and is safe to be used inside the home, as well as out in the field.

Fluid Film is manufactured using an all-natural lanolin base. Lanolin is of animal origins, extracted from the wool of sheep, which use it as a waterproofing wax to aid in shedding water from their coats. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal and rust-preventive properties.

The unique molecular structure of Fluid Film creates a non-drying coating that can last at least a year indoors protecting equipment from rust or corrosion, or a full season outside in the elements. Fluid Film is safe to use on all metals, will not freeze, and will not readily wash off a surface.

If you’d like more information, visit our website at www.fluid-film.com. If you’ve never tried Fluid Film and live within the Continental United States, just PM me for a free sample and I’ll get one right out to you.

If you’re a fan, post a pic of Fluid Film in action and I’ll ship you out a Fluid Film T-Shirt or hat for free.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
I see Fluid Film advertises as a "rust & corrosion preventative", but how does it perform (or does it,) as a penetrant? Can it compare to PB Blaster, Break Away, or comparable products? Just curious...:thumbsup

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
I'am really surprised you guys in the US haven't used fluid film. Its all I use and its all I have been using for years or longer than I can remember.

The parts store and building supply really doesn't carry any other lubricant besides WD-40 which does nothing.

The thing I like about the fluid film is it doesn't have a offensive smell. The second its a wax based oil. You spray it on and it does last for a decent amount of time. I use it on truck leaf springs etc or anywhere you need lubrication.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
I use it for a penetrant it seems to work about the same as the rest. You really can't consider WD-40 as a penetrating oil.

Dano50

I see Fluid Film advertises as a "rust & corrosion preventative", but how does it perform (or does it,) as a penetrant? Can it compare to PB Blaster, Break Away, or comparable products? Just curious...:thumbsup

As far as a penetrating oil, Fluid Film will not act as fast as most solvent-based penetrants,such as PB Blaster, Break Away, etc. It is the solvent that gets them to penetrate so quickly.

However, without that solvent content, Fluid Film will not evaporate, which means that it will continue to migrate down to work on and loosen stuck bolts and other objects.

Spray it on and walk away for an hour to a day or two. It will work eventually. It will save you from having to cut a bolt.

Underdog

I have been using fluid film for some 10 or more years. Here in coastal florida we get a lot of salt spray. I've found it the best lubercant to use, even better than Lps-3. Equiptment, boats, planes it does it all. It works well as a penetrante, only you must give it time, days not hours. Local napa dealer along with tractor dealers stock it, about $8.00 can here. First post, great
forum.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Underdog! :drinkup

LowBoy

Occupation
As far as a penetrating oil, Fluid Film will not act as fast as most solvent-based penetrants,such as PB Blaster, Break Away, etc. It is the solvent that gets them to penetrate so quickly.

However, without that solvent content, Fluid Film will not evaporate, which means that it will continue to migrate down to work on and loosen stuck bolts and other objects.

Spray it on and walk away for an hour to a day or two. It will work eventually. It will save you from having to cut a bolt.

Thanx Dano50. I don't know if I'm patient enough to wait a day or two for a bolt to free up, but maybe some PB first as a penetrating medium, then Fluid Film for continued lubrication would be ideal. I'm surprised, but it's not very common up here in the northeast. I did look on the website to locate a distributor for it, and found our local John Deere dealer supposedly carries it. Too bad he's such a flaming :cussing dirtball to deal with, otherwise I'd stop there and grab a couple of cans. I'll be on the lookout for it in my adventures this week.

d4c24a

in the uk

hi do you know of a dealer in the uk ,i drive a gritter in the winter for a private contractor and he has purchased a new (to us) loading shovel,i would like to use fluid film to protect it for our gritting season
thanks graham

Attachments

• 1397.jpg
    1397.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 9,573

Dano50

hi do you know of a dealer in the uk ,i drive a gritter in the winter for a private contractor and he has purchased a new (to us) loading shovel,i would like to use fluid film to protect it for our gritting season
thanks graham

Here's the info for our UK distributor. They should be able to help you:

MarineCo
Parade House Liskeard
Cornwall PL14 6AF
Tel: 01579-340455
Fax: 01579-344075
sales@marineco.co.uk

wrenchbender

LowBoy, that little can is just right to get you hooked on the stuff. Dano50 sent me a can and when it was empty I ran over to the local Ford tractor dealer( OLD STONE TRACTOR Co.) and bought a few replacement cans. I use it on so much stuff now that it ain't funny.

LowBoy

Occupation
LowBoy, that little can is just right to get you hooked on the stuff. Dano50 sent me a can and when it was empty I ran over to the local Ford tractor dealer( OLD STONE TRACTOR Co.) and bought a few replacement cans. I use it on so much stuff now that it ain't funny.

You nailed it right on the head,wrencher...I used it for the first time yesterday on my 1/2" ratchet binders that were good and dry and stiff, sprayed some on and they seem to work smoother than they ever have after using other lubes like PB Blaster, BreakAway, etc. I'm anxious to see how long it lasts on stuff in the weather now...:usa

I'll be on a search for a distributor for it now. There's one 20 minutes from here at a JD dealership, but the guy that runs it is such a poor excuse of a human being that I won't step foot in the place again. Gotta be another store within range I'm sure.;)

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
It really surprises me that you guys haven't used fluid film before. Its got to be one of the most sold spray oils available. I always have a can of it at home or in my tool box.

Just the other day the bathroom door was squeeking went and grabbed the can of fluid film sprayed it on the hinges worked it in squeek stopped. Usually do it once a year I don't even remember when I oiled the door hinges last.

I use it on my truck strap winches and ratchet straps. My ratchet straps the fluid film is good for months and the straps are always in dirt or dirty dropped in the mud at the landfill.

My old man bought 4 cans and sprayed the frame on his 1 ton truck it was rusting it stopped the rust from progressing.

If the local parts store didn't keep having it in stock I would be buying it by the case.

Fluid film is like duct tape it has many uses.

I got a sample can last spring and tried it. Stuff works great, I heard about it on LTS. Now I spary it on everything:) I found out our local Deere dealer stocks it.:) :)

My wife was giving me a hard time about it, thought I was addicted to it, now she even has a can at home, works great on the slide for the fireplace screen and door hinges.:D

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF OSCLandscaping! :drinkup

Dano50

Don't forget, if you haven't tried Fluid Film and live within the Continental United States, just shoot me a pm and I'll get a sample can right over to you.

There is no cost and no obligation. :usa