• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What in the heck is wrong with JCB parts book?

tpitt

Occupation
Heavy fire equip operator
I have a 1995 JCB 214 series 2 backhoe. Serial 3 SLP214CSE0433511 I need a 45mmX330mm pin for the dipper ram (rod end). I had the dipper cylinder rebuilt and am replacing the pins and bushings. I have all the proper bushings and seals, but the rod end takes a 45mmX330mm pin. I have a parts book and it always points to a 50mm pin. THIS WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!! The seals and bushings are 45mm and already installed. They fit perfectly as does my old pin.

RDC_580C

Is any manual, parts or otherwise, ever really perfect? Here's a nice excerpt from the Case 580C service manual when reinstalling the Shuttle, that I hope no one has ever followed word for word, I sure didn't.

"Before installing the power shuttle, make two guide studs by cutting the heads off two 7/16"-NC x 6" bolts and cut a screwdriver slot in each side of the converter housing."

To be more specific about your issue though, I see the online parts manual lists 4 different Rams for the dipper. A HighLift, then Standard D, both use a 50mm busing/pin, then there are 2 more Standard D that are for Rest of World and USA Build, and those have the 45mm busing/pin.

tpitt

Occupation
Can you pleas send me a picture? Mine is USA extradig. We've came to the conclusion that mine has bosse's on it so it takes a longer pin. I've never been able to find a 45mm pin in my schemati9cs. I'll try and attach a picture!

Attachments

• Dipper PIN.pdf
    392.3 KB · Views: 6

tpitt

Occupation
Been there done that. I was able to get the right bushings and seals, but the pin they call for won't work. I have one here! Appreciate the help though. I'm going to call JCB tomorrow.