• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wet line problem

Need help with my wet line on lowboy tractor. Went through extensive rebuild of truck and replaced lines for wet line during this now it will not work. Changed over to a side saddle hydraulic tank with a 1 1/4 line run to the inlet marked on pump. I ran one line up to coupler off of the port marked cyl. The other coupler I ran directly to tank. The pto engages but pump will not build pressure. Does not wine like it out of fluid. I can run pump for 2 mins till I feel some heat start to build. Never let it get hot. Seems like a air lock. Tried to pressure tank to force fluid into pump nothing..

Tenwheeler

So what could cause this?
1: A plug rag or something in the supply between the tank and the pump.
2: Did you have the PTO off the transmission? Does it even engage to the gears? Probably does since you said it generates heat.
3: The hoses could by connected to the pump on the wrong sides. Depending on direction of pump drive your lines could be connected on the correct side.