• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welding D11 ripper shank

Skittlebomb

Hey guys' Iv got a D10 Ripper nose to weld back on' reading through the information you fellas have left is awesome, Am I able to use .9 solid wire on the mig? Or do I have to use flux-core?

Cheers"

Welder Dave

I wouldn't use MIG unless you could run it really hot. I'm guessing your mig wire is ER70S-6 and you want something higher strength for a ripper shank. Flux-core would be easier to get something comparable to 11018. ER70S-6 is comparable to 7018.

Skittlebomb

I wouldn't use MIG unless you could run it really hot. I'm guessing your mig wire is ER70S-6 and you want something higher strength for a ripper shank. Flux-core would be easier to get something comparable to 11018. ER70S-6 is comparable to 7018.

No worries thanks for your advice Dave' with the Pre heat thinking getting it up around 300fahrenheit? Then up to 500 just before I lay it in the bed of lime,