• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

WANTED: Caterpillar 631A scaper

oldtrucks1946

WANTED: Caterpillar 631A scaper/ Allis Chalmers 562

Hi, I know this is the chat area, but I thought I would at least ask, I am looking for a Caterpillar 631A scraper for parts or to restore, these are cable operated pans, serial number starts with 51F.
At this point I would look at anything available in North America, I have tried many adds in numerous places and talked to many old contractors, with no luck, so Thanks for any possible leads.

Thanks for letting me share, so for anyone interested I have a few photos, and a few old clips of Cat 631A's in action.

I saw a number of posts about AC 562 scrapers, but never saw anyone with recent photos, so here is a photo of one of the last 562's which I have been looking at to buy, still negociating.

Attachments

• Scraper_631_A_001 - Copy.jpg
    Scraper_631_A_001 - Copy.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 3,174
  • AC 562.JPG
    AC 562.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 5,165
Last edited:

X Quad Operator

I haven't seen any 631's A's or B's in years. I currently live in Washington State I do know where two DW21's are, I still have a lot of friends living in California, and I still have a couple of friends that by and sell all kinds of construction equiptment. I will contact them and have them look for that special 631A. Contact Scarsella Brothers Construction in Seattle Washington I ran a 631B about 16 years a go for them, they just might have a 631A sitting some place. Talk to Don Scarsella he's the owner and they have lots of old equiptment including four sets of quad D9G's they still run. Send me your e-mail address Mike Nebergall

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I'll bet most of those wound up turned into water wagons or hooked to rollers a long time ago.. but I hope you can come up with one.. or a 630A if that fails. Good luck hunting.
Might try National Hardware Supply in Madera, California. They wind up with a lot of old stuff. Anybody that likes old stuff ought to visit their yard. Lots of vintage stuff there. They had a number of 630B/632's when I visited in 2008.

Their website here..
http://www.buydozers.com/default.htm

Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator

D&GExcavating

I think the best I could do for ya is a guy a couple miles from me who used to run an old wash plant and crushing plant. He has a 621A that he used up until 4 years ago. Pretty sure he still has it along with a D8H, 2 American 40 ton excavators, a Bucyrus Erie 30B, a couple Cat No. 12s and a whole bunch of other stuff.

oldtrucks1946

HI, Thanks to everyone for the leads, Not much left at these places, I bought and picked up the CCU from G&G Kline last spring, that was all that was left there. I did make arrangements to get a few other pieces from the other places and that was it!
Other than that those were the only places I found over the last few years.

Jdigger4130

If you go on you tube and find "diesel power tv" I believe is the guys site he and his dad have A TON of old BIG Caterpillar stuff down in Texas. Dunno if they wanna sell but they have tons of cable stuff and old scrapers and D9g and H equipment. Good luck! Wish I could afford to restore ol iron

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
631A (Small).jpg631A (Small).jpgThe one picured from Rosenau Enterprises still seems pretty complete.... might be worth a look. On the other hand, there still seem to be a goodly number of 631B's around..if you can come up with an "A" bowl the rest would be heavy lifting and a lot of wrenching... good luck hunting.

http://www.rosenauenterprises.com/
Quote from the description... "We have taken some of the parts off of this machine already. Have the transmision final drive and rear end. Have the whole pan with two tires. "

Alan

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Two low serial number 631A's (51F 200's) parked up in a field at the end of the Northern Motorway in Christchurch New Zealand
Both are complete and have cabs
Long drive to Canada though :cool2

tireman

A few years ago I was driving through Wyoming, and saw a gang(at least 10) of old Cat scrapers sitting right beside I-80 outside of Cheyenne, just a little to the west of the Walmart distribution center.Didn't get to stop and investigate,much as I wanted to,but did notice several were models with the rear tires "in the saddle". Highly possible one could be a 631A, if they're still there. They looked to have been sitting there for a long time. I'd say last time I was through there would've been summer 2008.Worth a look if anyone is in the vicinity.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
im pretty sure tireman is talking about platte valley cons. i used to work for them, i bet they would be happy to sell you an old 31a. look in cheyenne directory if nothing try grande island nebraska

Dutchman

Mostly all they have sitting out side of Cheyenne is 641's at Platte Valley const. They may have and old waterwagon that has a 631A tractor there.

Dutchman

Mostly all they have sitting out side of Cheyenne is 641's at Platte Valley const. They may have and old waterwagon that has a 631A tractor there. I will take a drive out by there this weekend and see what they have sitting around.