• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wacker Rd12 Problems

WIpavingguys

We purchased a brand new Wacker roller in 2014 and have 200 hours on it, and its acting crazy already. When we stop and change direction the front drum starts jumping up and down, sometimes violently. It doesnt do it until it has been worked for a while and it doesnt seem to matter the slope or incline, because its been happening on fairly flat areas and only after a couple hours of use on normal temperature days it will start acting up. Of course we cant take it to the dealer we bought it from because they would have to work it for a couple hours to get it to start happening and we cant make it reproduce on command. I did video tape it on my phone but couldn't figure out how to upload and attach it.

We have had problems with the RD11 roller in the past with overheating which we know was a common problem but this seems different. We shouldve just went with a different brand after the the trouble the RD11 gave us but here we are again. Anybody else running into this please comment? We have done regular service and have adjusted the forward/reverse control several times thinking it could be that but to no avail.

mikebramel

Electrical or hydraulic problem? Disconnect the connectors going to the coil(s) that engergizes the vibrator

huckleberry

Occupation
paver mechanic
This may sound silly. but I had to go out on the jobsite on a RD 11. it was doing the same thing that yours is doing. I couldn't figure it out because it didn't do it all the time, until the drums got hot. but if your scrapers are getting worn, they will chatter on the drums and cause that problem. just lift up the scrapers to see if the problem goes away. I know that you wouldn't think that the scrapers would do that ,but I changed the scrapers and they never had any issues after that. I hope this helps

WIpavingguys

Huckleberry, you were right, it was the scraper bars. craziest thing. We replaced the scraper bars as we were recommended to do, and sure enough it hasnt happened again. Sorry wacker i guess this was our bad on this one. thanks for the tip.