• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo prosis

biggerhammer

Hey guys
Just doing a little bit of research on this software and it looks like its good for all Volvo equipment. How user friendly is it? Are there diagnostic connectors required for hook up? When 'googleing' it looks like a lot of people are cracking it so you don't need a subscription I'm guessing? It looks like when hooking up it recognizes the machine hooked up to and automatically will provide the service info for the application-I'm sure you have to navigate to find what your looking for which is why I ask how user friendly it is.
Any experience or feedback would be appreciated.
I wouldn't use it whole lot-theres just one machine that's a Volvo that I work on. But another tool in the bag is nice to have.
Thanks

GregD1

Occupation
Equipment for a paving contractor
Volvo doen`t have anything that is user friendly when it comes to computers. Yes it will tell you what is going on with your machine as long as you know what buttons to push, but like any other plug in trouble shooting system, if you expect it to be a fix all, it`s not.
If you have access to Volvo parts online or VCADS, Prosis is on the same level. Good luck.

doug2015

Volvo Prosis is parts and service information. Techtool is the program used to interface with the equipment.
Yes Volvo prosis is off road repair and product information. Volvo PTT and Vcads is for diagnostics But both work very wellvolvo.jpg