• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L90D

cozy

Hi, I work for an independent repair facility. One of the challenges of working for an independent is getting info on the machinery you are working on because the dealerships don't always like to help. That all being said does anyone know how I could get the wiring and hydraulic, schematics. Or trouble shooting info on a Volvo L90D wheel loader. without having to purchase a manual.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Without purchasing a manual, you'd have to find someone with the manual or online access to prosis who could print out the material you're seeking. I would look in eBay. D series are getting pretty long in the tooth, you may score one for cheap. Plus side is they are essentially the same for 70, 90 &120.

cozy

Without purchasing a manual, you'd have to find someone with the manual or online access to prosis who could print out the material you're seeking. I would look in eBay. D series are getting pretty long in the tooth, you may score one for cheap. Plus side is they are essentially the same for 70, 90 &120.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
L50/70 straight, would be more of a Michigan or vme. You need L70-90-120D . A lot of similarities but you have to keep to the same generation.
Good luck

cozy

L50/70 straight, would be more of a Michigan or vme. You need L70-90-120D . A lot of similarities but you have to keep to the same generation.
Good luck
Maybe I can pass this by you? I have an L90D with a low break psi warning light and audible alarm coming on and I have to use high rpm to get the boom or bucket to move, I'm assuming low pilot psi. Does this unit have a separate pilot pump and what should this psi be set to?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Well unfortunately, that's as far as we can safely go. The only other thing I can suggest is to swap boom down and up shock valves. Usually they get weak and ignored til everything is tired out.
Beyond that, we need a manual
Sorry I couldn't be of more help

cozy

Well unfortunately, that's as far as we can safely go. The only other thing I can suggest is to swap boom down and up shock valves. Usually they get weak and ignored til everything is tired out.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help[/forthehelpanli
Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Thanks for the help! Any info is more than I have.