1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

volvo a 25 c problem

Discussion in 'Other Earthmoving Equipment' started by buckfever, Aug 17, 2010.

1. buckfever

buckfever Senior Member

hello everyone. I'm a new member and have a problem. we bought a adt a auction knowing it would need a little tlc. well after fixing some air leaks a faulty compresser and brakes we found the main gear in the planetary has some teeth missing and needs replaced. wondering if anyone knows of a good salvage yard for artic parts. thanks for any help.

2. cps

cps Senior Member

plant mechanic
    Hi there Buckfever, Only just came across this thread, do you still need parts?

CPS

3. JDOFMEMI

JDOFMEMI Senior Member

For good used parts I reccoment Alt-Source in Florida. They ship anywhere and have always treated me right.

http://www.altsourceusa.com/

For gears you can also try centranz for geats and such. If they do not have it they can make it for you.

http://www.centranz.com/

Hope this helps

4. cummins05

cummins05 Senior Member

Are you for reall wow seen it all now.

We have an equipment wrecker here in Manitoba kinda a wierd guy if you need the parts still I could give him a call see what he has in his sheds.

5. buckfever

buckfever Senior Member

thanks for the help. we ended up going with a company in south carolina. the guys there were great and the prices were even better. we bought a door for 200 that volvo wanted 2500. construction equipment parts is the company and would recomend them to anyone

as to why were repairing instead of buying. 250,000 for a new truck or 20,000 at auction and 7,000 in parts and labor. we'll go for the cheaper one

6. buckfever

buckfever Senior Member

thanks cummis05 if i do i will give you a haller.

7. D&GExcavating

D&GExcavating Senior Member