• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vin location on Case 1450 Dozer

blue66tang

Hi guys, my vin plate is gone on my Case 1450 dozer, and I need to get some parts for it. Is there another location stamped into the frame somewhere? Very frustrated!

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Remove the engine covers & look at the chassis rail. I recall the LHS .... maybe.....:rolleyes:

blue66tang

Hmm I did that, but its so dirty and hard to see in there that it would be nearly impossible to locate. I am looking for a more specific location. I called two different case dealers and they were about useless. Ill try looking closer but i doubt ill see anything.

blue66tang

Remove the engine covers & look at the chassis rail. I recall the LHS .... maybe.....:rolleyes:
Do you have a 1450 as well? If so, have any idea where to get a good inflame kit. I just pulled mine apart and it had two broken rings and the back liner running water into the pan. I really need to find the vin number to find out exactly what i have.

Anybody have any suggestions where to get good inframe kits?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
No @blue66tang I don't own any machinery, I make a living out of repairing it.
The 1450/B should have the Case 504BDT engine. Look closely at one of the valve rocker covers for a decal with tune up specs.
Doesn't the engine have a model / serial number tag either?
I can't recommend a supplier due to my location. Google is your friend ;)

blue66tang

Found it, was under a bunch of grime. Had to do an inflame so I spent quite a bit of time under it cleaning and finally found it.

Anybody on here know of a parts machine?