• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Updating old Fat Allis

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well I cannot work on the loader bucket and am limited to lifting weight and needed something to occupy my hands.

I have a mill and lathe so set off to update the old gals electrical system. I have finally tired of recharging batteries after use.
I have a donor machine so stripped a generator mount from it last year, also purchased a eBay 24v single wire alternator and appropriate sized pulley that should last a while for my usage.

Cut down the old mount with the mill at both ends, then cross drilled what used to be 3/8" mounting bolts for a 1/2" cross bolt pivot. Once I am fully released for work again I can finish the loader and then as I have the bucket off replace these. Will have to roll the hard nose for access.

IMG_1955a.jpg IMG_1956a.jpg

Dickjr.

Easy big fellow , take it easy. If you were board you could have road out last night , shacked up at the local inn and watched us replace the bell housing bolts and a couple hoses on the 943. It would be entertaining to watch , participation sucks sometimes.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Piddling on the lathe and mill were enough 'therapy' for now. The old mount is less than 10# and the alternator less than 25 so well into the approved range so long as I am NOT trying to hang them just yet!!
Sitting still not much of a virtue for me, while I am growing SOME patience!

I am literally behaving, next week the 4th is the big bandage strips/suture removal and so I can see what an x-ray looks like as to how well all is healing. Will be weeks after before any real work can continue and I am aware of that, may have the third unit scheduled dependent on insurance which will shift all out another five to 10 weeks but I am fully OK with that. Just have to do some little things to keep hands busy, been cleaning/oiling shotguns and rifles as well to do SOMETHING!