• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

tmz 3419 buying tips

sandress

Can anyone give me any tips on what to look for when buying a used genie tmz 3419 with touchpad controls. I am new to lifts and would appreciate any advice. They are asking $9500 and the ad says new batteries. The bucket has paint dripped all over it and one of the tongue wheels is flat.

Johndoe

Do you have the serial number off the TMZ?
the control boards and touchpads (membranes) on this unit at prone to fail.
All three boards (two in the lower control box and one in the platform control box) Have to be the same color (all Blue or all Green). In any case plan on replacing the controls on this unit

STOP trying to maintain the old systems on TMZ34 unit. It will cost you more money in the long run (new boards and membrane pads every year) than just updating to the retrofit kit. (also, getting replacement boards for these units are getting harder and harder to get)

Contents of Kit 104867
For use on models with manual outriggers
from serial number T3498-001 to T3499-769.

Contents of Kit 104866
For use on models with manual outriggers
from serial number T3400-001.

Contents of Kit 104855
For use on all models with hydraulic outriggers.

This kit will replace the circuit boards with relays, diodes and, resistors. and the membrane pads with actual push buttons. (No more angry pixies trapped inside F.M boxes) I've attached the install instructions to give you an idea of what your infor.

Link to my older post: https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/genie-tmz34-19-sert340069.55581/#post-715997

Engineer44

I bought a used 2002 TMZ 34/19 a couple of years ago. Watch out for siezed pivot pins, especially on the outriggers and their cylinders. The pins rust to the insides of the bore and are a real bugger to remove and replace. Look for broken pin keepers. The 1-inch pivot pins are supposed to remain stationary and the Garmax bushings are supposed to to rotate on the pin. I had to replace all the pins and Garmax bushings. Mine had several bad limit switches on the booms and outriggers. I wound up just replacing them all. They are nice Telemechanique modular switches. And what Johndoe said. The control boards. Mine has blue boards and everything works right now but I'm always wondering if they'll keep going. I also did a complete brake job to it. Corrosion really does a number on machines that live outdoors. Mine lives indoors now. Make sure you go up in the platform and try eveything if you can before buying.