• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

tl 140 auxiliary hydraulics, soft start/stop

gunracer1

I built a mower to go on my tl140 and it seems to work fine. but the abrupt start and stop of the hydraulics has me worried. I thought about an overrunning clutch built into the drive line, but that will only work for the stops. I read in a sales brochure that says it has electrohydraulic push-button and proportional controls with detents. am I missing something on my machine that I can ramp up and down on the auxiliary hydraulics ?

gunracer1

ok I played with it last week, if you tilt all the way back till the machine hits bypass then engage the hydraulics it is nice and smooth on take off. and I can load it down and just disengage the aux hydraulics.

JD8875

You need a one way pressure relief valve plumbed between the pressure and return lines of your mower. I use a 10lb one that I got from the local hydraulic shop but you can also order them online. Amazon, Surplus Center or any hydraulic supply will be able to set you up. The only flow one way so when I disengage the mower and the pressure in my return line hits 10lb it opens and allows my mower to wind down. Two short hoses, two "t" fittings and a relief will make all the difference in the world on your hoses, motor and gear box.

As for the tl140 there are two buttons behind the left joystick tower. Press them both and that will give you detented flow and allow the return line to flow straight back to the tank. The top left button on top of the left joystick will be mower on/off.

John

gunracer1

I thought about the relief valve, and read up on them a bit. but I ran out of time and took it up to my place in Colorado, it will probable never make it back home. but the start is still pretty rough when engaged at anything above idle, unless I hit bypass. it worked great mowing down all the scrub oak and weeds. I mowed a few acres around the cabin to keep a big fire away. and thanks again john, I think that is how I was running it.