• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Time for an Introduction

clydecrashcop

Greetings to all. My name is Clyde and I live in N. central Minn. Crowding 70 and used to haul heavy equipment and machinery. Not the really big stuff but sort of the big stuff. I quit work about 12 years ago, never retired just quit work and work harder now that i ever did. I am not nearly as smart as i used to think i was, just a prisoner of my own s--t.
As far a user names go just picked the first thing that came into my head. I sold my pete and lowboy. Dont miss them all that much but kinda do. For my almost 30 years of truckin i drove the one truck for 25 years and got just a wisker over 3,000,000 miles of traveling the us and canada. I am not an operator but i did learn how to get all the machines off and on my lowboy . Dangerous huh?
Me and kathy have a small farmstead on the Miassissippi river, own a couple of tractors, one kind of big a moline and a little white diesel 4 wheel drive. Also have an hd 5 allis C. crawler shovel and will be buying pretty soon a medium sized dozer. I jumped in with a couple of posts and didnt really introduce myself. Hence my intro.
WE have a few goats, we built a big woodshop, my wife hand spins, weaves and knits, and i cause most of the trouble. I collect fairly large vintage woodworking and metal working machinery. We keep a garden and kathy bakes all of our bread. Kind of an old fashioned homestead if u will. Enough of my bs. What are your thoughts on a case750 or a td15, early international. By the way looking for ripper teeth on my hd 5, it came with a ripper. Thank you all for reading. The post a re very informative and a good read, Clyde

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Thanks for having told the HEF about your experience , iam sure that a lot of people will listen to any advice they receive .
There are a few guys our age on the forum , and get to read the different options and photos they post , welcome to HEF.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Hi Clyde, Welcome to a great forum. Lots of good people here. I'm your neighbor a few miles to the east at Moose Lake and I fully understand the full time job working on one's own toys. Maybe we can get together one day soon for a cup and some good natured chit chat.